Wednesday, November 12, 2008

researching goes somewhere and does not go somewhere

so i sent an email to dr. rob woodbury at SIAT to ask for an info interview ( this was on monday) and I actually got a very prompt reponse from his ph student (her name is maha al saaty). she does research on the correlation of film and architecture and she sent me this pretty dense and difficult article that was written by a student in florida atlantic university and she sent me info about other resources,too. i might still email her my interview questions, but @ this time i think i should somehow work myself through the essay which is just too difficult for me. SIAT ( the School of Interactive Technology), which is part of SFU and is located at SFU's Surrey Campus is much more computeroriented than our school, it used to be Tech One, which did not really work. SIAT seems to be very science oriented, into developing software for different applications, in this case a software for being used by architects to simulate buildings. the intracicies of moving through a projected building and translating that into a software application, that kind of stuff.

No comments: