Tuesday, November 11, 2008

circulation and other STUFF

Just read a website about " how 2 start a magazine", was pretty informative, everything in a nutshell. Was actually geared towards Canadian Magazine publishers, very concise and succinct. I just googled "how to start a magazine and, voila: all the info needed. It seems very easy on paper, in the website, but once it gets into doing it in real time, so to speak, everything changes. While working on the prototype I encountered lots of glitches, @ this time there is a far too little amount of pages in the magazine, only ten pages with 20 printed pages, what with doing it doublesided. So I have to find fillers, I think I will use the images of the animation, in black and white. Debating how the binding will be, how the piece will look, what to use for cover, plastic, or thicker paper or cardboard. Actually, if I do it like that it will kind of skedaddle away from the original concept and I don't know if I like that. The website, the one about how to start a magazine, thought that prototypes, mock-ups are a good idea, whereas I thought it is paramount to produce a mock-up. The problem, of course, is that I am doing it all myself, writing all the articles, providing all the images. hurriedly and under the gun. Only 9 days left till presentation day, obviously something has to give. quality will be smushed to the wayside. inadvertedly. Whatver. I'll go to the fitnress center, it is Remembrance day, woke up in the middle of the night to write arkitektur 4 ( the fourth article), producing way too many ideas, am now succumbing to rehaching historical events, mere facts. somehow the discourse suffers, theoretical musings hiccup over the page.

No comments: